Sunday, May 16, 2010

putting down roots....

Been busy spending some money lately!
It started with my beautiful Bertha then I thought 'why stop there', so I put an offer on a house. Its a lovely house with a nice big backyard with a load of fruit trees and 3 garages....yep, 3 garages! one for the car, one for Bertha and one for the pool table! The house is 7 kms from the rolling surf of Maroochydore beach and about 1 km from the Maroochydore river, its in a nice spot.
The house came up good at the building and pest inspection, no major problems there. The contract will become unconditional on May 20th then it will settle on June 28th, looking forward to moving in and playing house.
There isnt much to do to the house except personalise it, it can do with a bit of updating but that will come over time.
I guess this means I have made a commitment to stay in one place.......that makes me nervous and I have had a few anxious moments over it! Once I move in I am sure I will settle down.
I will post pics when I take some. Bertha introduced herself to the neighborhood the other day and I think she will like her new home!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, congratulations! I am very happy for you. I am certain that Bertha will enjoy her new home, and the neighbours will like their new neighbour, as well. Again, I am thrilled for you, in how things have worked out since you have returned home.

    ReplyDelete