Thursday, March 18, 2010

Live Strong!

Alright, so here's an update on the training for the triathlon. Phew, 40kms is a long way especially when the course is described as undulating....those little hills seem like mountains, with tired legs!
I haven't been training as much as I should have, I have just 10 days to go but I am not going to panic and I am going to keep my training sessions constant and not push to be quicker. I just want to finish the distance and be proud of what I achieve....maybe next year I will push my time!!
I am settling in very well on the Sunshine Coast and it is certainly agreeing with my physical health and state of mind! It is a healthy place to live, everyone is health conscious and enjoy the outdoors, especially the beach. I have found myself among a great community of people who I enjoy being with, we work hard and play hard.....a healthy balance.
As I think of my life I remember some of the fantastic people who have come into my life. I am so appreciative of their friendship over the years whether they were in my life for a short time, long time or are still in my life. I hope I have been the friend you have all been to me.

1 comment:

  1. I admire your triathlon training and your commitment to complete it. Timing is not the critical factor, as much as the accomplishment of achieving your personal goal of getting through such a challenge.

    While we have connected for a relatively short time, I appreciate your camaraderie and your joy, and look forward to reading more about how you are doing in my favourite continent to visit. (sunshine smile)

    ReplyDelete