Saturday, March 27, 2010

Mooloolaba Triathlon, Mens Elite

Today was the Mens Elite race at the Mooloolaba Triathlon. Participants from all over the world competed in this prestigious event. They had to swim 1.5kms in the ocean, bike 40kms and run 10kms. Those guys were unbelievable, the level of fitness was incredible, most of them completed the WHOLE thing in under 2 hours!!
Tomorrow its my turn.....to cycle the 40kms, I hoping I do that in 2 hours. Watching the men today inspired me as well as made me a bit nervous, I will think of those men tomorrow when I am struggling to complete my leg, it will inspire me to keep going.
The conditions today for the mens race were perfect, a very light breeze and the ocean was a nice temperature, their race started at 3pm so it was getting a little cooler from the 29 degrees it was earlier in the day. I hope we have similar conditions tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment