Sunday, April 11, 2010

Back in the saddle!

Yup, I'm back in the saddle and it feels great. Been out a couple of times since I got my new bike, just small little rides just to get used to everything. I need to get used to her weight, how she handles, gears etc and I want to be comfortable with all these things before I venture out on a big ride on a big road with my big bike!! LOL.
I feel very nervous on the bike right now and the guy at the Harley place said "don't be frightened of her, respect her and she'll be good to you", thats good advice for anything female really!
Anyway, I wont be able to ride her until next Sunday as I am away for work all week, she'll be tucked up in her garage until then getting used to her new home.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have the equivalent of an "Experienced Rider's Course" available to you from a reputable motorcycle training outfit? I found that when I got my new Harley, taking that training really helped me learn how to be comfortable with it, especially in the most challenging situations of driving slowly in traffic, sharp turns, and emergency braking. Even though I had been riding for 30 years, I found that course to be very helpful.

    Taking it slow and easy at first is a wise thing to do. You have always impressed me with your wisdom. Enjoy your ride!

    ReplyDelete